Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Dinner

I put this in here to show Tom's contribution to Christmas dinner...he cleaned up and did all the dishes. He tried desperately to get my mom out of the kitchen so he could do it and I think she finally relented but this must have been while she was still helping out. Thanks Tom and Grandma!!


The kids sat and drank the sparkling cider Tom got from work while we did our final preparations.
This was our turkey. It was so succulent and moist that it fell apart when we moved it out of the pan so this is the best picture of it. We "brined" our first turkey...and it was so worth it. I have never had turkey leftovers gone that quickly. Truly a wonderful recipe!! Thanks Kim!!
I made matching aprons for all the girls helping out with the dinner...(my mom did help, however, because I was finishing them up on Christmas Eve) I love how Benjamin managed to get in the picture as well. All these females that he puts up with...I'm grateful that he is such a great little boy!
This was the dinner table before the eating began. We ate in the kitchen so we could all be together. Rebekah made the name-tags. It was a great meal and a truly wonderful day!!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great Christmas! So fun that your mom could be there! Tell her hi from me! :)

    PS I want your turkey recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your family are so cute. That turkey looked amazing. Never done one of those but when a gather the courage I'll have to get the recipe. The aprons are adorable and I LOVE your centerpiece:) Glad you guys had such a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It looks sooooooooo delish! The table setting was LOVELY!!!!! Way to goo girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Steph where did you get the snow on your blog? Too cute by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennece--I got the snow from the Shabby Blog page.
    Marianne--I love my new Christmas center-piece. I got it at a gift exchange...had to steal it away from the person who brought it...very nice lady:)
    Kara--I am working on getting the recipe. For some reason, it's not coming up on my e-mail. So, I'm trying to get it from my sister-in-law...who gave it to my mother-in-law to make for Thanksgiving. Tom liked it so much...he said he'd make it himself if he had to for Christmas dinner...I didn't make him do that:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so beautiful!! I love the matching aprons. You are soooo good!!

    ReplyDelete