Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Eve

Reading the story of Christ's birth on Christmas Eve...Mom wrapped 25 Christmas books and we opened up one for every day in December. It was a great way to countdown for Christmas.






Opening up the Christmas Eve present...which is always new PJ's...
Even Mom participated as a shepherd...Esther was the angel...Ben was Joseph and Rebekah was Mary. Emery kept trying to steal the baby!!
This was what I grew up doing every Christmas Eve...acting out the Christmas story. It was so neat to do this in our own home, with Tom reading the words from Luke 2 with my mom there. It was a wonderful experience for the kids.
Making sugar cookies...a tradition that came from my childhood. The kids loved doing it with Grandma. And I only sortof burned one batch. Yeah!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun times!! I am glad you all had a good Christmas. It looks like you have my old blog address, my new one is-wwwforeverisland.blogspot.com no dot after the three w's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Christmas traditions! I love them! I love the photos and everyone looks soooo beautiful! I love you guys and wish I could have been there... especially to see the nativity and eat the sugar cookies. Yum!

    ReplyDelete